CONSULTING ON WRITING, PUBLISHING AND PROMOTING YOUR BOOK
If you want to write, publish, or promote your book, Gini Graham Scott can consult with you on how to do it.
Her expertise comes from publishing over 50 books, most with mainstream publishers, and she has self-published over 40 books, many reprints of print books.
She has worked as a ghostwriter and co-writer on books and proposals for over four dozen clients and has written four books on how to find publishers, agents, film producers, and distributors: Sell Your Book, Script,
or Column, How to Find Publishers and Agents and Get Published; How to Get Published and Deal with Clients, Co-Writing, Copyrights, and Contracts; and The Complete Guide to Distributing an Indie Film. She works with
a company that connects writers to publishers and agents and the film industry:
Publishers, Agents & Films (www.publishersagentsandfilms.com).
Some questions that commonly come up in consultations are these.
• What should my book be about? Do I have enough material for a book? What should the focus or title be?
• What’s the best way to write my book or gather material for it?
• How should I work with a ghostwriter or co-writer? What are typical arrangements and costs?
• How do I find a publisher or agent? What arrangement should I make?
• How can I protect myself from someone taking my material?
• How do I develop a platform to help me find an agent or publisher?
• What kind of promotion should I do before and after the book is published?
• What should I include in my book proposal?
• How long does it take to find an agent or publisher? How long before the book is published?
• Should I self-publish my book? What format should I use?
• What are the steps to publishing a print-on-demand (POD) or e-book?
• How will self-publishing affect my finding a mainstream publisher or agent? Will it help or hinder me?
• If I self-publish, how do I market, promote, and sell my book?