CONSULTING ON WRITING, PRODUCING, AND DISTRIBUTING FILMS
If you want to write or produce a short film, find funds, or distribute a feature film or documentary, Gini Graham Scott can consult with you on how to do it.
Her expertise comes from writing and producing over 60 short films, which include dramas, documentaries, music videos, commercials, trailers, and sizzle reels. She has also written and executive produced a feature film which has now obtained national and international distribution.
She has published five books on writing scripts, producing films, finding funds, and marketing films:
- Sell Your Book, Script or Column
- Writing, Producing, and Directing a Low-Budget Short Film
- Finding Funds for Your Film or TV Project
- The Complete Guide to Distributing an Indie Film
- Marketing Films to Millennials and Baby Boomers
She works with a company that connects writers to the film industry, as well as to publishers and agents: Publishers, Agents & Films
Some questions that commonly come up in consultations are these.
• What do you think of my script? How can I improve it?
• How should I work with a ghostwriter or co-writer? What are typical arrangements and costs?
• How do I find a producer or agent? What can I expect if someone wants an option or license?
• How can I protect myself from someone taking my material?
• What industry events should I attend to make connections with producers, agents, distributors, or others in the film industry?
• How can I produce the film myself? What budget do I need?
• How do I find investors or contributors? Is crowdfunding effective and how does it work?
• How can I successfully coordinate a film production?
• How do I find a distributor? What kind of arrangement should I expect?
• How can I make a trailer or sizzle reel to get investors, contributors, and distributors for my film?