GINI GRAHAM SCOTT, PhD, JD, has published over 50 books and specializes in business, self-help, memoirs, crime, and scripts adaptations from books. Writing samples are at www.changemakerspublishingandwriting.com.
Her books on popular business topics include:
- THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO WRITING, DIRECTING AND PRODUCING A LOW-BUDGET SHORT FILM (Limelight Editions)
- A SURVIVAL GUIDE TO MANAGING EMPLOYEES FROM HELL (AMACOM)
- A SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR WORKING WITH BAD BOSSES (AMACOM)
- A SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR WORKING WITH HUMANS (AMACOM)
- A COMPLETE IDIOT’S GUIDE TO PARTY PLAN SELLING (Alpha Books)
- BUILDING A WINNING SALES TEAM (Probus)
- SUCCESS IN MLM (Prentice Hall)
Her books on self-help include:
- WANT IT, SEE IT, GET IT! (AMACOM)
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION (New Harbinger)
- 30 DAYS TO A MORE POWERFUL MEMORY (AMACOM)
- THE EMPOWERED MIND: HOW TO HARNESS THE CREATIVE FORCE WITHIN YOU (Prentice Hall)
- MIND POWER: PICTURE YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS (Prentice Hall?
Her memoirs and other books for clients include:
- CONQUERING THE DARKNESS: One Woman’s Story of Recovering from a Brain Injury by Deborah A. Quinn, published by Continuum – a woman’s recovery from brain injury
- SECRET LOVERS by Luanne Lindquist, published by Jossey-Bass/Wiley – the affairs that occur outside marriage and the reasons they occur
- MY SOUTH KOREAN VILLAGE by Bae Jin Yong about growing up in South Korea in the 1960s and 70s
- FAITH AND LOVE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS by Silvia Silvari about escaping fromRomania to theU.S. and creating a successful restaurant business
- MASTERING THE ART OF EMOTIONAL SELLING by Paula Pagano about becoming a top salesperson
- BETRAYAL: Betrayed Victims of the Prison System by Tony Capria, published by Press Works – about a former prison guard’s search for justice
Her books on crime and society include:
- AMERICAN MURDER (Greenwood),
- HOMICIDE BY THE RICH AND FAMOUS (Berkley andGreenwood,
- HOMICIDE: 100 YEARS OF MURDER IN AMERICA (Contemporary),
- PLAYING THE LYING GAME (ABC-CLIO),
- CAN WE TALK? THE POWER AND INFLUENCE OF TALK SHOWS (Plenum)
- PRIVATE EYES (Paladin, with Sam Brown).
Her script adaptations from books include:
- KHANTEYA for Julie Thong about her escape from Cambodia during the 1960s Communist take-over
“If you want to get your writing work done fast, economically and professionally, Gini is the person you need to talk to. I would recommend her to anyone that has a dream to publish their work. Gini did a superb job on the script of my memoir.”
- FACING OUT, LOOKING IN for Martin Silberstein based on a novel of two women, best friends since college, who experience a tangled web of emotion.
“Gini did a great job in adapting my script from my novel.”
- GRAY RAINBOW JOURNEY for K. B. Schaller based on her coming-of-age novel in a Native American community in the Florida Everglades when the mother of a Christian convert in her early 20s disappears. The book was a National Multicultural Best Books 2009 Winner, a competition sponsored by USA Book News.
“Being involved in writing the screenplay was an experience that was both educational and enjoyable. Working with Dr. Gini Graham Scott was a pleasure. She is tops as a professional and has a unique warmth that transcends the electronic age in which we live. I highly recommend her services.”
Scott has received national media exposure for her books, including appearances on Good Morning America, Oprah, Montel Williams, and CNN. She also is an indie filmmaker, who has written and produced over 40 short films. These can be viewed on her Website at www.changemakersproductions.com.
She received a PhD in Sociology from the University of California, Berkeley, a JD from the University of San Francisco Law School, and MAs in Anthropology; Mass Communications & Organizational/ Consumer/Audience Behavior, and Popular Culture and Lifestyles from Cal State, East Bay. She will be getting an MS in Recreation and Tourism at Cal State, East Bay in 2013.